Angela Durazo, Professional Triathlete and Actress with Rheumatoid Arthritis.
June 28th 2014: Angela wins her first title! 2014 Paratriathlon Pacific Northwest Regional Championship. Angela placed with a time of 1:21:48 which secured her 1st PC division, 1st AG division and 12th Overall female division.
June 25th 2014: Angela was a guest on John Gammon (Actor on the TV show ‘The Middle’) Podcast Series, telling her story of overcoming adversity and working as a professional athlete and actress.
June 11th 2014: Angela appears as herself in Coppertone’s commercial for “Accuspray”. Commercial airs nationwide.
June 10th 2014: Angela was a guest on Dr Jeanette Gallagher’s blog talk radio show discussing how she manages her rheumatoid arthritis with dietary changes.
May 21st 2014: Angela was a guest on the Sports Palooza Radio show sharing her story and her hopes for Rio 2016 Paralympics
March 26th 2014: Angela wa sa guest on Outside health and Fitness podcast show sharing her story and how she copes with pain
March 5th 2014: Angela was featured as a triathlete model in a 4 page spread in LAVA Magazine
April 30th 2014: Angela appears on the TV show “The Doctors” discussing her struggles with Rheumatoid Arthritis
March 3rd 2014: Angela appears as herself on the Queen Latifah Show, racing a fellow rock climber and winning the grand prize.
Angela was a guest, telling her story on CW’s Wake Up San Diego TV show.
“Angela Durazo: Triumph over Tragedy”
Angela’s first cover! September Cover of Arthritis Today Magazine with a 2 page editorial. 4+ million readers!
“Get inspired: Angela Durazo could barely walk last year. Now she’s a full-time triathlete!”
October 18th 2013: Angela was featured in article on Todayshow, NBC News, MSCBC. com
“It’s true! Triathletes are tougher than the rest of us”
October 11th 2013: Angela was nominated for WEGO online health activist of the year Hero award.
October 10th 2013: Angela was featured on slowtwich.com for Kona UPR
October 7th 2013: Angela was featured on Pez Cyclingnews.com
September 18th 2013: Angela signed autographs for fans at Argon 18 booth in Las Vegas NV at Interbike
September 11th 2013: Angela told her story at the Olympic Training Center to the Para-triatlete camp.
September 1st 2013: Angela’s first cover! Cover of Arthritis Today Magazine with a 2 page editorial. 4+ million readers!
August 20th 2013: Angela films awareness video for the Arthritis National Research Foundation
July 19th 2013: Angela is featured in Ignite Naturals article:
- “Ignite Naturals is proud to have Angela Durazo as a member of Team Ignite and thankful for the inspiration she provides to each and every one of us”
July 17th 2013: Angela is featured in The Platform Magazine article:
- “Angela Durazo: Defying the doctors and writing new rules about survival”http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/595990
June 30th 2013: Angela is featured in Argon 18 article:
- “This is the story of a woman of a thousand battles. A former American model swath in midair by fate, becomes the symbol to fight against disease. Angela sees the end of the tunnel and can see herself on podiums at the finest international races. She is beautiful, with a contagious smile, nothing will stop her, not even disease. Her fate is racing, with Argon 18 at her side.”
June 26th 2013: Angela signs partnership with Madfiber premium bicycle wheels
June 18th 2013: Angela become Ambassador-at-large for the Arthritis Foundation San Diego
June 13th 2013: Angela was named “KOZ Events June Athlete of the Month”:
May 29th 2013: Angela signs partnership with Pearl Izumi
May 20th 2013: Angela is featured in Endurance Racing Magazine article:
- “Angela Durazo using food and exercise to conquer pain”
May 14th 2013: Angela is featured in Cure Arthritis, Arhritis National Research Foundation Article:
- “Angela Durazo: Changing My Life”
May 8th 2013: Angela is named “Travlete.com’s May Athlete of the Month”:
- “Meet Angela Durazo, model turned competitive triathlete, who is defying the doctors AND writing new rules about survival, endurance competition, and most importantly: perseverance.”
March 5th 2013: Angela is featured in Human Triumph article and podcast:
- “Our first podcast is an exclusive interview with Angela Durazo, a beautiful, young triathlete out of San Diego, California attempting to go professional in the sport of triathlon. The only thing standing in her way is Rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Although the often painful and debilitating disease has made Angela bedridden more times than she cares to remember, she has a message for RA suffers – You can beat this!
January 10th 2013: Angela signs partnership with Argon 18/Sinclair Imports:
Nov 30th 2012: Angela is featured in Ironman World Championship , SwimBikeRun interview with Dave Erickson: